To leave a comment

To leave a comment, please click on the title of the post to leave or read all comments and replies. Thank you :)

Be sure to scroll down the page today

Be sure to scroll down the page

There are TWO posts today...Sorry about that :)

Monday, December 20, 2010

Very late and more recent award acknowledgments

I suck at posting about awards.  I do.  It's not that I am not honored, flattered, or care enough.  I just suck at it.  For instance, two of the three awards below were given to me back in March.  MARCH people!!!  It is now November, and I been given one more award, which reminded me of these past awards I had sitting in my draft folder (along with some book reviews). 

So without further ado....


I was tagged by Michelle from Michelle & Leslie's Book Picks for the Sugar Doll Award. Thanks sweetie! Please stop by and get to know Michelle and Leslie. They are two wonderful readers from Hawaii that have embraced book blogging with arms wide open.





From Nikola at Nikola's Book Blog I received the Beautiful Blogger Award.  Nikola is a young 20-something guy, who is a fellow bookaholic.  Unfortunately, he has hit a bit of a rough patch lately, so please stop by his blog, read some of his older posts and leave a comment.  I'm sure it will cheer him up.


More recently, I received the Versatile Blogger Award from Emeraldfire at Emeraldfire's Bookmark.  She is a blogger who is new to me, although I think I have seen her avatar around the net.  She is quite the lovely Irish lass so please stop by and check her out.

Now all of these awards had rules specifying tell  x amount of things about you, that people may not know.  Therefore, I am combining everything and hopefully coming up with a list of things about me that may surprise you.

So here goes....

  1. Love Sci-fi TV shows but have a hard time with most sci-fi/fantasy books.  Sometimes the worlds are way too complicated, or writers give characters crazy ass names, and I can't keep track of who's who.  Favorite Sci-Fi shows of the moment: Fringe, Stargate Universe, Sanctuary, Warehouse 13.  On hiatus: Dr. Who and Torchwood.
  2. For all of the TV I watch, ABC only has one show I like: Castle.  He is ruggedly handsome.
  3. I knit while watching all of this TV, so my brain isn't total mush.
  4. I know way too much about Medicare due to my job.  If you ever have a question, feel free to ask.
  5. If money were no object, I would be an anthropologist.
  6. For as many friends I have online, I have very few in real life.  The ones I have are keepers though, so they are few and far between anyway.
  7. I am a klutz, like to the point that I sometimes think I should undergo neurological testing.  There has got to be something wrong, right?
  8. I am an eclectic person.  I like many different kinds of books, movies, music, and interests. 
  9. If I knew then, what I know now, I would have given either medical or veterinary school a try.
  10. I love school.  Always did always will.  You should never stop learning.
  11. I was a cheerleader back in the day.  I was also one of the tough girls too.
  12. I never follow the crowd.  I always do my own thing or heed my own advice.  My Dad's advice stuck.
  13. I was a waitress once upon a time, and had some of the funniest times of my life waiting tables.
  14. If money were again no object, I would travel the world visiting museums and such.
  15. I am very interested in learning how to shoot and handle a gun.  Call me crazy, I know, but I just feel like it's something I need to know.  Now, the Walking Dead on AMC might also have soemthing to do with this.  Just saying.

Thanks again to the awesome bloggers above for bestowing upon me these awards. 
Now it is my turn to share some love!  Here are recent new to me bloggers.  Please stop by and check out their blogs for some great content.

Coffee and Book Chick
Wicked Wonderful Words
Love, Laughter, and a Touch of Insanity
Inside of a Dog
Have Your Cake and Read It Too


2 comments:

Staci said...

I think you could kick some cheerleader butt girlie!! After watching the Walking Dead I don't blame you!!!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your awards. You deserve every one :)
I rarely follow the crowd either. I make good friends and then I move or they do so I have really good friends spread around the world, but very few close by right now, so I get that. I love Castle too :)

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for leaving me a comment. I know you may be pressed for time, and I appreciate you taking a few minutes to leave your thoughts.
I enjoy reading all of them. Thanks again and have a great day :)