To leave a comment

To leave a comment, please click on the title of the post to leave or read all comments and replies. Thank you :)

Be sure to scroll down the page today

Be sure to scroll down the page

There are TWO posts today...Sorry about that :)

Sunday, February 15, 2009

I "B" tagged

Chartroose from Bloody Hell, It's a Book Barage! was tagged with this meme from Trish at Hey Lady. The person that tags you assigns you a letter from the alphabet You must then pick 10 of your favorite things that begin with that letter, and explain each. Chartroose assigned me B, so here goes:

1. Books - Now I know that is obvious, but any one who knows me, knows I love books. As soon as I could read, my head was buried in a book. My all time favorite is Pride and Prejudice.
I know this is the DVD cover, but it's Colin Firth people. The ultimate Mr. Darcy.

2. Buffy the Vampire Slayer - Normally T.V. is all about entertainment for me. However, this show made me become emotionally vested in its characters. Maybe, it's the growing up differently than others, or having to become an adult much earlier in life. The loss of a true love and or friend. This show captured everything. The actors were fabulous, and the writing was witty and on point. There was always at least one great one-liner per episode. You must at least check out one episode called "Hush" it is 95% silent. You will not be disappointed.



3. Bond... James Bond - Hot, sexy, and saving the world. How could you not love a spy? I owe my love of these movies to my father. These are a favorite of his as well, and whenever one was on T.V. we watched it together. It's amazing how these movies have changed over time. Now with Daniel Craig they are much edgier, and more adult. A reinvention, if you will, but a good one.


Sean Connery my # 1

Followed closely by my # 2 Pierce Brosnan

4. The Beach - The sea air and the sand between my toes just makes me feel good. I could look at this all day...

This is Hapuna beach in Hawaii

5. Ballet - Amazingly beautiful. The dedication that ballet dancers have just blows me away. The music, movements and stories of ballet are just lovely.



6. Balls of yarn - Well, I love to knit, and nothing could make me happier than soft balls of yarn in beautiful colors. The squishiness, softness, and fell of yarn is very comforting to me.

7. Bacon, egg, and cheese sandwiches - On a bagel or a roll, these are delicious and easy to make. A staple during my college years, these are tasty little sandwiches. Crispy bacon, soft scrambled eggs, and melty cheese...yummy!
8.Beetlejuice, Beetlejuice, Beetlejuice! - Cute and funny movie about the after life, including the Handbook of the Recently Deceased. If I'm flipping around the T.V. stations, and this is on, I will stay and watch it. Goofy movie, great dance scene (Day-o dance). Always makes me smile. Michael Keaton completely owned this character and did a fantastic job.


9. Billy Joel - The Piano Man. He puts on some of the greatest concerts I have ever been to. Clapping, dancing and singing in the aisles. His songs have been the soundtrack to some of the best times of my life as well. Lots of memories. Hard to pick a favorite, but Captain Jack is one of them.



10. Busch Gardens, Williamsburg, Virginia - Excellent theme park, based on European coutries with accompanying thrill rides, like the Loch Ness Monster roller coaster in Scotland. My Dad (Mr. Griswold) took us here on vacation and we had a blast. Even though he was afraid of heights, he would still take me on the roller coasters. To hear him scream like me was awesome, becasue it made me less afraid. if that makes any sense. Good food and a nice place to take the family. Very clean too.

4 comments:

Amy said...

I love Buffy, too! And we both LOST. Obviously we're cool. :)

The Bookworm said...

fun list! I love P&P and balls of yarn too :)
http://thebookworm07.blogspot.com/

Wendi said...

Ohhh - I was SO hooked on Buffy when it was on tv! :)

Thanks for stopping by and participating in Tuesday Thingers last week! I find that I will look at ratings, but I pay more attention to the reviews that people have shared, and the description of the book.

Thanks for stopping by and participating in Thingers last week! I've got the post up for this week. ~ Wendi

bermudaonion said...

This is such a fun meme. I grew up in the Tidewater area of Virginia so I went to Busch Gardens a lot.

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for leaving me a comment. I know you may be pressed for time, and I appreciate you taking a few minutes to leave your thoughts.
I enjoy reading all of them. Thanks again and have a great day :)